Homemade Breads and Buns
20 Minute Buns
- 4-5 cups all purpose Flour
- 2 or 3 tbsp Fast Rising Yeast (1 packette Fleischmans)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2-1/4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
You can substitute the salt with spices and herbs to suit your taste - garlic, Mrs. Dash™, etc.. Careful with the salty spices. One of my favorite recipes!
(Don't substitute the salt if making sweet rolls!)
- Place Yeast and sugar in warm water for ten minutes to rise.
- Add oil, egg and salt and beat well. (If you're adding extra spices and herbs, cut the salt to taste.)
- Add enough flour to make a soft but not too sticky dough. No prolonged kneeding necessary.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes in a well greased bowl, turning the dough to cover it well with the oil.
- Form into buns, cover and let rise for 2 hours; until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 dozen buns. Good for making Cinnamon Buns too!