Homemade Breads and Buns
Very easy to make recipe. Delicious.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup lard
- 1 tbsp. or 1 envelope of yeast
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- Mix flour, salt and lard as for pie crust.
- Soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk into which has been added 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- After 10 minutes, mix yeast in with the eggs, sugar and milk.
- Stir and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix with the electric mixer until it starts to form together.
- Form it into a ball in your hands.
- Rub lard or butter on top.
- Cover and set in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, cut dough into 3 sections.
- Roll each out into about 1/8 inch thick circle.
- Cut circle into 8 pie wedges and roll up each wedge, starting with the large end.
- Curl the "ears" down, place horn on cookie sheet and let rise 2 hours.
- Bake at 375-400°F until brown-about 15 minutes.
- Ice with thin icing while warm.