Homemade Breads and Buns
Caramel Sticky Buns
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe by: Makers of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
As the sweet rolls bake, the sauce in the bottom of the pan becomes sticky. This recipe makes three pans, so you'll have extra buns to share with friends or to freeze for another day.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- BRING water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat and add butter, stirring until butter melts. Let stand until mixture cools (about 20 minutes).
- COMBINE yeast and warm water in a glass measuring cup; let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- BEAT eggs at medium speed using a heavy-duty stand mixer; add SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking and salt, beating until blended. Add yeast mixture and butter mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Gradually add flour, beating until blended.
- TURN dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and chill dough 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- PREPARE Caramel Sauce and immediately pour into 3 lightly greased 8-inch round or square cake pans. Sprinkle each pan with 1/3 cup pecans.
- PUNCH dough down and divide into 3 equal portions. Roll one portion of dough into a 12- x 10- inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter.
- COMBINE 1 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/3 cup mixture over each rectangle. Roll up starting at long edge; pinch edges to seal. Cut log into 9 slices. Arrange slices cut-side down over Caramel Sauce. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- COVER and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees ), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- BAKE for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.
- Sauce Directions: COMBINE butter, milk, corn syrup and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute.
Dietary Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Fat