Homemade Breads and Buns
Cheese and Bacon Biscuit Sticks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup no-fat plain yogurt
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Stir in cheese and bacon. Mix well.
- Add yogurt all at once, stirring to moisten.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 15 times until smooth.
- Pat the dough into an 8" square.
- Cut the square in half, then cut each half into 6 rectangles.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
These are delicious served warm from the oven with your favorite stew or a hearty soup.