Homemade Breads and Buns
Eggnog Quick Bread
Submitted by: Mary E. Crain
Makes 1 - 9 x 5 inch loaf.
This cake gets better with age. It tastes like Christmas!! Smaller loaves make excellent gifts.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dairy eggnog (not canned)
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom only of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, or three 5-3/4 x 3-1/4 inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, butter, rum extract, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix into eggnog mixture; stir to just moisten dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake bread in large pan for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, and then remove bread from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap tightly, and store in the refrigerator.