Homemade Breads and Buns
French Toast Strata
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
"This delightful strata is made with cinnamon raisin bread and is perfect for a breakfast or brunch. Very easy to prepare the night before, then just bake in the morning."
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Recipe by: Makers of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 3/4 teaspoon imitation maple flavor
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8X8-inch square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Blend together 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granular, egg substitute, milk and maple flavor in a medium bowl.
- Tear cinnamon raisin bread into pieces, approx. 1-2 inches each.
- Add bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to coat bread.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
- Blend remaining 1 Tbsp. SPLENDA® Granular and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 40-50 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
- Serve immediately.
Exchanges per serving: 1 medium fat meat, 1 carbohydrate