Homemade Breads and Buns
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Recipe by: Makers of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked waffles on a cold wintery day.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® sweetened maple syrup
- PREHEAT waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; spray lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Set aside.
- COMBINE oil, molasses, pumpkin and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside.
- WHISK together eggs and SPLENDA® Granular until blended. Add buttermilk mixture, whisking until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- POUR batter into a hot waffle iron and bake approximately 5 minutes *.
- Serve with maple syrup.
*Follow manufacturer's directions for bake times.
Exchanges per serving of 1 waffle plus 1/4 cup syrup: 2 starches
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 27
Total Fat: 3g
Total Carbs: 32g