Home Baked Cakes and Muffins - (Discretionary Foods)
Yields about 12 large muffins.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream shortening and gradually add sugar. Cream thoroughly.
- Beat and add eggs.
- Sift 1-2/3 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the creamed shortening.
- Mix the blueberries with the remaining flour.
- Stir into the batter lightly.
- Bake in greased muffin pan for 30 minutes.