Home Baked Cakes and Muffins - (Discretionary Foods)
Easy Sour Cream Cheescake
Submitted by: Sharon Deveney
This is a very creamy cheesecake. It's delicious plain, or you may top with fruit pie filling.
Makes 1 - 9 inch pie.
- 1 9 inch shortbread pie shell
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at time, blending well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Pour into shortbread crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and cracked.
- Let cool on counter, then place in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.