Home Baked Cakes and Muffins - (Discretionary Foods)
Paula Marvin of Murray, KY
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl blend cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of cake mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle dry mixture on top then swirl with a knife.
- Evenly spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, blend powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together to make icing.
- While cake is still warm, pour icing over top.