Home Baked Cakes and Muffins - (Discretionary Foods)
Strawberry Pound Cake
Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 1 and 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, flour and salt mixing well.
- Add strawberries and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Pour batter in loaf pan and bake at 350°F for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when pressed in the center of the cake.