Finger Lickin’ Good Chicken
Buzz’s Cat and Dog on a Stick
From: Bob "Buzz" Buzzard (for beef and chicken)
Makes enough sauce for approximately 1 pound each of thinly sliced or cubed chicken and beef.
- 12 oz. soy sauce
- 10 oz. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tsp. season salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine and heat on low until consistency of water, stirring frequently.
- Let cool and use as marinade.
- Skewer onto bamboo skewers and marinate overnight in fridge.
- Cook over indirect heat, turning often and basting each time you turn, until done.
Can be eaten directly off the grill. Excellent for appetizers!
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
WASH HANDS, UTENSILS, SINK AND EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN IN CONTACT WITH RAW CHICKEN. Sanitize the counter, sinks and any containers or trays that have been used. Use a solution of 1 teaspoon of unscented chlorine bleach in 1 quart of water, and let dry completely.
Practice Food Safety and reduce the possibility of food contamination and illness.