Holiday Candy Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of pecan halves
- 25 vanilla caramels
- 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon of shortening
- Spread pecans into a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Butter the foil.
- On foil, arrange pecans in groups of 3, flat side down.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and margarine.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Drop about 1 teaspoons melted caramel mixture onto each group of pecans.
- Let caramel pieces stand until firm (about 20 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, heat chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, with a narrow spatula.
- Spread a small amount of melted chocolate mixture over the top of each caramel piece.
- Let stand until firm.
- Remove from baking sheet.
- Store tightly covered.
- Makes 30 pieces.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com