Cookie and Cake Recipes
From: Betty Crocker®
These cookies have an attractive light and dark contrast perfect for an interesting addition to a cookie tray or for serving by themselves, any time of year!
Prep: 15 min
Start To Finish: 3 hr 25 min
Makes 6 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat.
- Shape into balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
Success: To ensure recipe success, do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com