Holiday Candy Recipe
EASY CHRISTMAS DIVINITY
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry or lime flavored gelatin
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat, cook to hard boil stage.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Add dry gelatin gradually, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Pour syrup slowly into egg white mixture, beating constantly until candy holds shape and loses gloss.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Pour quickly into 9 inch buttered pan.
- Let stand until firm.
- Dip knife blade into hot water, cut candy as desired.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com