Cookie and Cake Recipes
From: Betty Crocker®
“Can we eat them yet?” is the first question you'll hear when baking spicy gingerbread cookies. The aroma is almost as good as the taste!
(Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Prep: 2 hr 15 min
Start To Finish: 4 hr 45 min
Makes about 9 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups dark molasses
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 7 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- In large bowl, stir together brown sugar, shortening, molasses and water. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. On floured surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut with floured gingerbread cutter or other favorite shaped cutter. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched (for a softer, chewier cookie, bake 8 to 10 minutes). Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, stir together all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Decorate cookies with frosting.
Time-Saver: Using a tub of ready-to-spread frosting instead of making the frosting can save you a few precious moments during the busy holiday season.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com