Cookie and Cake Recipes
From: Betty Crocker®
Refreshing! A great lemon cookie treat made easy with cake mix and frosting. They're great with lemonade on a hot summer day.
Prep: 5 min
Start To Finish: 15 min
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tub Betty Crocker® Whipped or Rich & Creamy lemon ready-to-spread frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir about half of the cake mix (dry), the shortening, butter and egg in medium bowl until well mixed. Stir in remaining cake mix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- Frost with frosting.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts; roll each part 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface with cloth covered rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown around edges.
Variation: Fun idea! Pick up a lemon-shaped cookie cutter from a cake decorator supply store or craft store. Make lemon cookies using the rolled cookie directions. Your cookies will shape up to their great taste.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com