Cookie and Cake Recipes
LINZER TORTE BARS
From: Betty Crocker®
Pass the bar! Take your bar baking to a higher level with these wonderful raspberry bars. They have an unusual ground walnut crust.
Prep: 10 min
Start To Finish: 1 hr 35 min
Makes 48 bars
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup red raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients except preserves with spoon until crumbly.
- Press two-thirds of crumbly mixture on bottom of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Spread with preserves.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbly mixture; press gently into preserves.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For 48 bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows bars, or cut into squares or triangles.
Did You Know... The flavors in this bar were inspired by linzertorte, a classic European dessert originating in Linz, Austria.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com