Cookie and Cake Recipes
MEXICAN WEDDING CAKES
From: Betty Crocker®
Celebrate with rich and buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookies. Youíll find that one just isnít enough!
(Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Prep: 1 hr 40 min
Start To Finish: 2 hr 10 min
Makes 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup powdered sugar, the butter and vanilla. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Roll in additional powdered sugar while warm.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar again.
Variation: Mexican Surprise Wedding Cakes: Make cookies as directed--except shape each ball of dough around 1 Hershey®ís Kisses® milk chocolate filled with caramel.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com