Cookie and Cake Recipes
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE COOKIES
From: Betty Crocker
These peanut butter cookies are special for the holidays or anytime. Their secret is the chocolate candy that melts into the top.
Prep: 1 hr 20 min
Start To Finish: 30 min
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 3 dozen milk chocolate stars or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening and egg.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Immediately press 1 chocolate star firmly in each cookie; cool on wire rack.
Substitution: Have just crunchy peanut butter on hand? Go ahead and use it for a peanuttier, slightly bumpier cookie.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com