Cookie and Cake Recipes
HOLIDAY POLKA DOT BARS
MAKES 4 DOZEN BARS
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Chill time: 30 Minutes
Time to table: 65 Minutes
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Candy-coated chocolate pieces in holiday colors OR holiday sprinkles in holiday colors OR colored sugars
*Increase flour to 1-3/4 cups when using Old Fashioned oats.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pan to wire rack.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot cookie in pan; let stand until softened, about 1 minute.
- With spatula or knife, spread softened chocolate evenly over cookie.
- Sprinkle with candy-coated chocolate pieces; press down lightly.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1 bar (with 1 tsp. candy-coated chocolate pieces) :
Calories 140, Calories From Fat 60, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrates 18g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com