Holiday Candy Recipe
- 1 cup of warm unseasoned mashed potatoes
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 lbs. of confectioners' sugar
- vanilla flavoring (optional)
- Coconut (optional)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Dipping chocolate
- Combine potatoes, salt and vanilla in a 4 quart mixing bowl.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over potato, stirring and adding about 1 cup at a time.
- Mixture will liquefy when first sugar is added, then gradually begin to thicken.
- When it becomes the consistency of stiff dough, knead it even though all of the sugar hasn't been added or add more sugar to make a stiff dough if needed.
- Add flavoring, coconut or chopped nuts and mix thoroughly.
- After kneading, cover with a damp cloth; chill until a small amount can be rolled into a ball.
- Shape in small balls and dip in melted chocolate, roll in chopped nuts or coconut if desired.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com