Holiday Candy Recipe
- 3 cups of sugar
- one 3 oz. Package of raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup of flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 3/4 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
3/4 cup of water
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cook to hard ball stage.
- Combine beaten egg whites and gelatin - beat until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Pour hot syrup slowly into egg whites, beating until candy loses gloss and holds shape.
- Fold in coconut and nuts (optional).
- Pour into greased 9 inch square pan.
- Top with rows of chopped nuts and coconut.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com