Cookie and Cake Recipes
RUSSIAN TEA CAKES
From: Betty Crocker®
These buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookie balls go by many names in recipe collections, including Mexican Wedding Cakes. They always contain finely chopped nuts and are twice rolled in powdered sugar. This holiday favorite is one of Betty's Best!
Prep: 20 min
Start To Finish: 30 min
Makes 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack.
- Roll in powdered sugar again.
Special Touch: These rich little cookies are extra-special when made with macadamia nuts.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com