Cookie and Cake Recipes
From: Betty Crocker®
Red and green sugars dress up a best-loved cookie for the holidays.
(Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Prep: 1 hr 20 min
Start To Finish: 1 hr 50 min
Makes 6 dozen cookies
- 2 tablespoons Betty Crocker® Decors red sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Betty Crocker® Decors green sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, mix red sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix green sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, shortening, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar-cinnamon mixtures.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until centers are almost set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Did You Know... Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com