Cookie and Cake Recipes
MAKE-AHEAD SNOWMAN CHEESE BALL
From: Betty Crocker®
All holiday appetizers should be this fun! This adorable snowman is made of a delicious spread of seasoned cream and Cheddar cheeses.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 container (4 ounces) whipped cream cheese, softened
- Decorations (see Success Hint), if desired
- Assorted crackers, if desired
- Mix 3 packages cream cheese and the Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal parts. Combine 2 parts to equal two-thirds of mixture; mix in pesto. Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining one-third mixture.
- Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape. Shape each cheese mixture into ball. Wrap each ball, label and freeze.
- About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer. Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.
- Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman. Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving. Decorate as desired. Serve with crackers. Store covered in refrigerator.
Do-Ahead Tip: You can make this cute little guy up to 1 month ahead!
· More Holiday Recipes
· Christmas Cookbooks
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Holiday Cookbooks and Baking at Amazon.com