NO-SALT - LOW-SODIUM RECIPE
Craig Claiborne's No-Salt Chili Con Carne
Recipe From Craig Claiborne
Serving Size : 2; Preparation Time :0:00
List of Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Oil -- vegetable
- 3 Onions
- 1 Pepper
- 1 1/4 poundsBeef -- coarse grind
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Red chile, hot -- ground
- 1 tablespoonRed chile, mild -- ground
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dried -- pref. Mexican
- 1 Bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 cups Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Chile caribe
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and green pepper and saute until the onions are translucent,
about 3 minutes
- Sprinkle the meat with the garlic, ground chile, cumin, and oregano.
Stir to blend.
Add the meat to the skillet.
Break up any lumps with a fork, stirring occasionally until the meat is evenly browned.
- Add the bay leaf, pepper, tomatoes, vinegar, and caribe.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
· No-Salt / Low-Sodium Recipes List
· More Spices and Herbs
· Preserving Herbs and Spices
· The Art of Seasoning
· Basil and Walnut Dip
· Artichoke and Tarragon Dip