NO-SALT - LOW-SODIUM RECIPE
No Salt Prime Rib
This recipe came from a chef at a large motel chain. It is very tasty. The chef claims that salt retards the cooking of the meat and makes it tough. Try it and you will agree!
List of Ingredients
- One 4- to 6-pound prime rib
- Granulated garlic
- Thyme leaves
- Coarsely ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the roast generously with the granulated garlic.
- Next, coat the roast with the pepper and thyme.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours (depending on the size of the roast) for medium rare.
- Serve with horseradish sauce.
From the 50+ Friends Cookbook.
· No-Salt / Low-Sodium Recipes List
· More Spices and Herbs
· Preserving Herbs and Spices
· The Art of Seasoning
· Basil and Walnut Dip
· Artichoke and Tarragon Dip