NO-SALT - LOW-SODIUM RECIPE
No-Salt Seasoned Salt Mix
Recipe from: The Perfect Mix by Diane Phillips (Harper Collins)
If you are watching your salt intake on a low-sodium diet, this spice mix is just the ticket for flavor without using salt. Put the mixture in a pretty clear shaker, and it makes a great kitchen gift as well.
List of Ingredients
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
v1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk together garlic powder, thyme leaves, oregano, onion powder, paprika, celery seed, white pepper, dry mustard, lemon peel, and black pepper in a small bowl until well-combined.
- Funnel into a dry glass container and seal tightly.
Store away from heat and light. Label Contents!
Use within 6 months for best flavor.
Use on meats, poultry, seafood, and vegetables.
- Makes great kitchen gift.
- Yield: 1/4 cup
· No-Salt / Low-Sodium Recipes List
· More Spices and Herbs
· Preserving Herbs and Spices
· The Art of Seasoning
· Basil and Walnut Dip
· Artichoke and Tarragon Dip