Pasta, Macaroni and Noodles
Books at Jessica’sBiscuit®
Books at Amazon.com
· Pasta, Macaroni, Noodles
· Calzone Italiano
· Fettuccine with Ricotta
Chez Panisse Pasta, Pizza & Calzone
by Alice Waters, Patricia Curtan, Martin Labro,
Paperback - 196 pages,
Published: March 1995
Pizza: Easy Recipes for Great Homemade Pizzas, Focaccia, and Calzones
by Charles Scicolone and Michele Scicolone,
Hardcover - 224 pages,
Published: April 2007
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Pizza dough for one 14-inch pizza
- 1 can (15 ounces) CONTADINA Pizza Sauce, divided
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni or 1/2 pound crumbled Italian sausage, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Place on lightly floured, large, rimless cookie sheet.
- Press or roll out dough to 7-inch circles.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce onto half of each circle to within 1/2 inch of edge; top with 1/4 each pepperoni, bell pepper and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup ricotta cheese onto remaining half of each circle; fold dough over.
- Press edges together tightly to seal. Cut slits into top of dough to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining pizza sauce; serve over calzones.
Note : If desired, 1 large calzone may be made instead of 4 individual calzones. To prepare, shape dough into 1 (13-inch) circle. Spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce onto half of dough; proceed as above. Bake for 25 minutes.
· Fettuccine with Ricotta, Tomatoes and Basil
· About Pasta, Macaroni and Noodles