Pies, Tarts and Pastries
- You'll need enough pastry for 2 double crust pies.
- 3 cups diced, cooked ham
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- On a lightly floured surface roll out pastry and cut into 3" circles. Combine ham with the remaining ingredients. Top each pastry circle with 1 heaped teaspoon of the filling. Moisten edges of dough edges, fold over and seal with a floured fork.
- Slit the tops, or prick several times with a fork. This is to allow the steam inside to escape.
- Brush with a mixture of 1 beaten egg and 1 tbsp water.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a moderately hot oven, 400°F, for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm. If desired, accompany pastries with hot mustard. Freezes very well.
· Ham Pastry
· Bacon & Onion Tarts
More Pastry Recipes
· Pie Crusts
· Holiday Baking
· Cakes and Muffins
· Cookies, Candy, Fudge
· Diabetic Dessert Recipes and Cookbooks