Pies, Tarts and Pastries
TEMPTING PUMPKIN PIE
Recipe from Betty Crocker Baking
You, too, can make homemade pumpkin pie! Continue the holiday tradition with this easy recipe.
- Best Flaky Pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Make Best Flaky Pastry -- except cut scraps of rolled pastry with tiny leaf-shaped cookie cutter instead of fluting edge of pie crust.
- Sprinkle cutouts with sugar; press on pastry edge.
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in remaining ingredients.
- To prevent spilling, place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack. Pour filling into pie plate. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake about 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Immediately refrigerate any remaining pie after serving.
· Apple Pie
· Cherry Pie
· Cranberry Pie
· Tempting Pumpkin Pie
· Apple Crumble Pie
· Quick and Easy Apple Crumble Pie
· Flip-Flop Cobbler
· Impossible Pie
· Rhubarb Custard Pie
More Pastry Recipes
· Pie Crusts
· Holiday Baking
· Cakes and Muffins
· Cookies, Candy, Fudge
· Diabetic Dessert Recipes and Cookbooks