Popular Pork Recipes
CHINESE STYLE PORK LOIN
From the Kitchen of: Phyllis Franks, Parsipanny, NJ
- 2-1 lb. pork loin or tenderloin
- 1 jar of Chinese BBQ sauce
(you can get this in the Asian foods aisle of your grocery store or any Asian market)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients from garlic on and mix well.
- Place pork in a large ziplock baggy and pour in marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- If grilling with charcoal, prepare the grill for indirect cooking*. If using a gas grill, preheat on high for 10-15 minutes. Reduce to med-high heat to cook.
- Remove the pork from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Use tongs to place pork onto grill.
- Turn pork with tongs every 10 to 12 minutes and alternate basting with marinade and Chinese BBQ sauce.
- Continue turning and basting until internal temperature of pork reaches 150°.
- Remove pork from grill, cover and let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Place remaining marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve on the side with pork slices.
*Indirect cooking: light charcoal briquettes and when hot, put half on each side of grill, leaving a space in the middle; cook meat in center.
Personal Note: I use a gas grill and brown the meat first, then turn off one side of the grill. I place the meat on the unlit side and close the lid. You still have to check the meat often and continue basting and turning. Meat stays juicy and tastes delicious!
- Put loins in a pan and pour in marinade too.
- Baste with the Chinese BBQ sauce.
- Cook at 375°F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the center registers 150°.
- Baste the loins about every 20 minutes with BBQ sauce.
- Let the meat set for about 10 minutes after cooking before cutting into it.
- A sauce can be made from the pan drippings by adding a little water.
· Pork Chops and Cabbage
· Pork Chop Suey
· Glazed Pork Roast
· Spareribs Or Pork Chop
· Stuffed Pork Chops
· Sweet and Sour Ribs and Chicken
List of Pork Roast, Chop and Rib Recipes
· Low-carb Main Courses