Popular Pork Recipes
PORK CHOP SUEY
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup Shredded fresh lean pork
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 3 cup Fresh bean sprouts (1/2 lb)
- 1/2 cup Shredded bamboo shoots
- 1/2 cup Sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup Sliced canned mushrooms OR 1 c Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Sliced celery (1 large stalk)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbsp Corn starch, dissolved in 1/3 cup cold Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Shred pork into narrow strips, slice onion.
- Marinate both in soya sauce for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, slice all other ingredients and arrange on platter, ready to cook.
- Mix corn starch and water.
- Place oil in wok, turn heat on it. As oil is heating, turn wok so that oil will cover as much cooking surface as possible. When oil begins to smoke slightly, add marinated pork and onions.
- Stir fry about 2 minutes until pork is browned.
- Place wok cover over pork and cook a further 3 minutes, making sure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Uncover wok, add bean sprouts and celery.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir fry thoroughly.
- Cover and cook 3 more minutes.
- Uncover wok and stir well and add corn starch solution. Shut heat off. Stir all food together. Serve over rice.
You can substitute the Pork with Chicken, beef, veal or shrimp. All are delicious!
· Pork Chops and Cabbage
· Pork Chop Suey
· Glazed Pork Roast
· Spareribs Or Pork Chop
· Stuffed Pork Chops
· Sweet and Sour Ribs and Chicken
List of Pork Roast, Chop and Rib Recipes
· Low-carb Main Courses