Diet and Recipe Articles
2-MINUTE ENERGY BOOSTER
Pump up your heart, shake off a slump.
by Michele Stanten
It's 3 pm. Do you know where your get-up-and-go went? This move, from exercise physiologist Teresa Tapp, can help you find it.
- Stand straight with your shoulders back, abs tight, and buttocks tucked.
- Shift your weight to your left foot, and bend your knee slightly, aiming it toward your little toe. (You should feel the muscles of your inner thigh contracting.)
- Bend your right knee so only your toes touch the floor, aiming your right knee out to contract your inner thigh as before.
- At a moderate speed, lift your right knee straight up toward your right shoulder. Don't bend over as you lift.
- Lower your leg, touching your toe on the ground, then lift again.
- Do a total of four lift/touches. Then rotate your leg out to the side, and lift/touch four more times, aiming your knee behind your shoulder.
- Do a set of two lift/touches to the front and side, then one lift/touch each.
- Repeat with your left leg.
- Do the entire sequence with both legs a total of four times.
MICHELE STANTEN, is a certified fitness instructor and fitness director for Prevention magazine; she has made numerous television appearances. She resides in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley.
Return to Article List
Disclaimer: ALBERTAROSE.ORG (THE SITE) DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE, IS NOT A DIETICIAN, AND DOES NOT NECESSARILY AGREE WITH THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS ARTICLE. The Site and the content are provided on an "as is" basis. The information gathered is correct to the best of our ability at the time collected. However, the information could change at any time. You agree this information is for personal use and YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY using the information contained. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ALBERTAROSE.ORG OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF ALBERTAROSE.ORG