Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Aunt Ruby’s Macaroni Salad
Recipe from Marilyn J. Miller
The amounts of everything are to personal taste.
- 1 1/2 boxes of creamettes macaroni
(this makes a huge dish full - use quantities appropriate for your needs.)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- green peppers
- any other fresh vegetable you want to add
- miracle whip (to taste)
- sweet pickle relish (to taste)
- Cut up the vegetables.
- Cook macaroni according to instructions on package EXCEPT cook it LONGER than package says so that pieces of macaroni are soft (not mushy but good and soft).
- Cool macaroni a tiny bit so that it is warm, not hot. (I do this by repeatedly pouring cool water on it and draining it)
- Drain macaroni and pour into a large dish.
- Add cut up vegetables - the more vegetables the better.
- Add chopped onion to taste.
- Add Miracle Whip to taste.
- Add sweet pickle relish to taste (for 1 1/2 packages of macaroni my family likes it best when I use about 1/2 jar of relish)
- Mix ingredients (I mix each ingredient immediately after adding it).
- Refrigerate until it is cold and serve. About 2 hours.
· More Salad Recipes