Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Bangkok Noodle Salad
Recipe from Leslie Forte
- 4 oz cappellini or other thin pasta
- 4 green onion, whites only, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced or julienned
(I like to blanch the carrots in a pot of boiling salted water - I just do not like that raw flavor)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- chopped peanuts to garnish
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, chunky style
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl until smooth.
- Break pasta in half and cook according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Toss with dressing in a large bowl and then add the carrots, cucumber, onion and chicken.
- Toss to combine.
- Refigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Recipes by Leslie Forte:
· Bangkok Noodle Salad
· Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
· Basic Picnic Macaroni Salad
· Patio Shell Salad
· Tortellini and Artichoke Pasta Salad
· Wagonwheel Pasta Salad
· More Salad Recipes