Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Recipe from Debbie aka AlbertaRose (albertarose at earthlink.net)
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 pound bacon - 8-10 slices
- 4-8 ounces of shredded (or cubed) sharp cheddar *cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or less)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt-free Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy seasoning blend
- 1 large tomato
- Cut flowers of broccoli and cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cook bacon very crisp, cool and crumble; mix with vegetables.
- Combine together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and Mrs. Dash®.
- Pour over the vegetables and mix well; stir in cheese.
- Garnish with thin tomato wedges
* Cheese can become soggy. It's best to leave the cheese out until the salad is ready to be served. Double the recipe if it's for more than 6 people! This is sure to be a HUGE hit at any family get-together!
· More Salad Recipes