Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Cabbage, Onion and Apple Salad
Recipe from Unknown
- 1 medium yellow or red onion
- 1 medium red or green cabbage
- 2 large crisp, sweet apples
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the onion very thin.
- Trim and core the cabbage; cut in half and slice into fine chiffonade, as for coleslaw.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples very thin.
- In a large fry pan, heat a little oil and begin to sauté the onions.
- When they are translucent and just beginning to brown, add the apples.
- Sauté about 1 minute so everything is sizzling, and add the cabbage, the seasoning, a dash of vinegar, and a little water.
- Stir on a hot flame just long enough to barely cook the cabbage. It should retain a little crunch and the sweetness of fresh cabbage.
- Serve with pork, roast chicken, or duck; with a savory grain and legume pilaf or roast potatoes; or by itself, cold.
- Serves 8 to 10
· More Salad Recipes