Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Cold Beef Salad
Recipe from Vickie McCorkendale
This is from the Frugal Gourmet. I made the dressing to use over pan fried ravioli's (from one of his cookbooks), and then I needed something else to use it on! I'm not a big fan of Blue Cheese dressing, but this is excellent.
Cold Beef Salad:
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 sweet onion (Vidalia or equivalent) or Red Onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup cooked, cold shredded beef
- 6 mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or jack or parmesean)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Clean and tear the lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Slice the onion very thinly.
- Slice the carrot very thinly.
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Toss with the Blue Cheese dressing (below), grind pepper over the top and serve.
Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 2 cup Mayonaise (best quality available)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Stir some of the buttermilk in with the cheese.
- Mix until creamy but still lumpy.
- Combine all ingredients and stir throuroughly.
- Keep refridgerated, mix before using.
· More Salad Recipes