Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Prep Time: 30 min
Total: At least 24-1/2 hr.
- 1 pkg (6 oz) lemon-flavor gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
- 1 navel orange, scrubbed and cut in chunks (peel and all)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Have a 10-cup mold ready.
- Put gelatin in a medium bowl, add boiling water and stir until gelatin dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
- Put cranberries (if using frozen cranberries, donít thaw), orange and sugar in food processor; process until very finely chopped. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in celery and walnuts, then gelatin. Pour into mold.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours until firm enough to unmold, or up to 3 days.
- Up to 5 hours before serving: Dip mold up to rim in warm, not hot, water about 10 seconds. Tip mold to check that gelatin is released. Invert serving plate over mold. Invert mold and plate together and shake gently from side to side until gelatin drops from mold. Repeat if necessary.
- Refrigerate until serving, then garnish.
Per serving: 240 cal, 3 g pro, 46 g car, 2 g fiber, 6 g fat (1 g sat fat), 0 mg chol, 46 mg sod
Can be made up to 3 days ahead. Leave in mold, cover and refrigerate. Unmold onto serving platter up to 4 hours ahead. Refrigerate. Garnish just before serving.
· More Salad Recipes