Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Mexicali Pasta Salad
Recipe from Mary Jane Kelly
- 8 oz tri-color pasta spirals *
- 6 tomatillos; small **
- 1/2 jalapeno chile ***
- 20 oz pineapple chunks ****
- 1/2 tsp lime peel, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cilantro, fresh, snipped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 3 Cups of uncooked pasta should be used.
** Each tomatillo should be cut into 8 wedges.
*** The jalapeno should be seeded and finely chopped.
**** The pineapple chunks should be the ones canned in their own juice.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package and drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Mix the pasta, tomatillos, chile and pineapple.
- Mix the reserved juice and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the pasta mixture and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Serves: 6
Other Recipes by Mary Jane Kelly:
· Baja Chicken Pasta Salad
· Garlicky Pasta Chicken Salad
· Pasta Salad with Ham
· Mexicali Pasta Salad
· OK Corral Salad
· Pasta Salad
· Pasta Rings/Spicy Cucumber Raita
· Seafood Pasta Salad
· More Salad Recipes