Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Panzanella With Feta Cheese
Recipe from Dave Devoy
- 6 medium tomatoes (cut in mid sized chunks)
- 4 thick slices of good chewy bread (1/2"-3/4" each) -- toasted and cut into cubes 1/2"-3/4" chunks.
(e.g. Italian wheat or sourdough)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (red, purple, Vidalia...)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley
- 2 each cloves garlic; mashed, minced or both.
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tblsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tblsp Vinegar: Wine, balsamic or otherwise flavored
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta cheese to taste (tomato/basil Feta is good :) for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the bread and cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Let the mixture marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, stirring gently from time if you can.
- Toast the bread and cut into chunks just before serving.
- Stir the toast chunks into the salad and serve at room temperature with crumbled Feta cheese on top.
- (serves 8 -- as a side dish, perhaps)
· More Salad Recipes