Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Pasta Salad 2
Recipe from Jan
- 1 6 oz of pasta, shells or rotini
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- green beans
- some frozen peas
- a small can of sliced olives
- sliced celery
- various colors of bell pepper
- Cook a 16 ounce box of pasta, shells or rotini, whatever you prefer according to package directions.
- Add about 1/2 cup chopped red onion, one cucumber, seeded and sliced, and if you like, some lightly steamed veggies such as: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, grean beans, asparagus, some frozen peas, a small can of sliced olives, sliced celery and various colors of bell pepper.
- Dress with your favorite Italian dressing. Use any veggies you like, add small cubes of cheese if you eat dairy.
- The pasta really absorbs the dressing, check to make sure it isn't too dry.
- For an oil-free dressing use a 16 ounce can of recipe cut tomatoes, or dried basil and marjoram and rice or wine vinegar to taste. Oh, yes, freshly ground black pepper and minced garlic.
· More Salad Recipes