Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Patio Shell Salad
Recipe from Leslie Forte
- 4 oz pasta shells or other small pasta
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 12 oz can corn, well drained
- 4 to 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 canned green chilis, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions and rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Rinse and drain corn as well.
- Combine pasta, beans, corn, onions, chilis, cumin, oregano, lemon juice, mayo and salt and pepper.
- Toss gently with 2 forks.
- Chill in the refigerator for at least two hours before serving.
- Add more mayo if pasta seems dry.
Recipes by Leslie Forte:
· Bangkok Noodle Salad
· Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
· Basic Picnic Macaroni Salad
· Patio Shell Salad
· Tortellini and Artichoke Pasta Salad
· Wagonwheel Pasta Salad
· More Salad Recipes