Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Recipe from Pat Churchill
- 1-1/4 lb minced lean pork (or minced chicken)
- 2 tblsp water
- 2 tblsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp sugar
- 1/2 tblsp or more of chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions or scallions or shallots, finely chopped
- fresh corinader (cilantro)
- fresh basil
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- roasted peanuts
- Place the pork in a large pan with the water and simmer until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, chili sauce and onion.
- Set aside to cool.
- Shred the lettuce and place it in a nice salad bowl (I used a plain white oval dish.)
- Mix in some of the coriander and chopped basil.
- When the meat is still a little warm, tip it onto the lettuce, along with the juices.
- Decorate the edges of the dish with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle some roasted peanuts over the top, garnish with more chopped basil and coriander.
Best served at room temperature. The mix of textures and sweet/sour/salty/hot flavours make this a very pleasant dish to eat. Nice as part of a buffet meal, too.
· More Salad Recipes