Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Recipe from Stephanie da Silva
- 1 kg (2 lb) medium king prawns, peeled with tails attached
(She doesn't say, but I assume the prawns should be cooked first.)
- * lemon dressing
- 1 red banana capsicum - chili pepper (or 1/2 red capsicum)
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 2 sticks celery (choose tender sticks from near the centre)
- 1 tub alfalfa sprouts
- baby lettuce leaves, washed and crisped
- 2 firm ripe avocados
- 1 large mango or 1/2 pawpaw (papaya), peeled and cut into thick slices
- Parsley, chopped
* Lemon Dressing:
- Place the peeled prawns in a bowl and pour the lemon dressing over them.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut the capsicum, carot and celery into fine shreds, then place into a bowl of iced water.
- Before serving, drain the vegetables; strain the prawns reserving the dressing.
- Peel and slice the avocado and arrange with the fruit, crispy vegetables and lettuce on a large platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle with the lemon dressing and sprinkle with parsley.
- Accompany with wholegrain bread.
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp mixed French or German mustard
- 3 tblsp oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove a couple of paper thin strips of lemon peel with a potato peeler or sharp knife.
- Cut into fine strips.
- Crush the garlic and put into a bowl; stir in the mustard; add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the oil.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, mix well, and add the lemon peel.
Other Recipes by Stephanie da Silva:
· Marinated Salad
· Pork and Papaya Salad
· Prawn Salad
· Roast Beef Salad
· Spaghetti Squash and Avocado Salad
· Tortellini-Pesto Salad
· Warm Red Cabbage Salad
· Layered Salad
· Cabbage and Pineapple Salad
· Jalapeno-Pineapple Coleslaw
· Singapore Noodle Salad
· Zucchini and Mushroom Salad
· Grand Marnier Soufflé
· More Salad Recipes