Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Quick Oriental Cucumber Salad
Recipe from Angeli Wahlstedt
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly (peeled and seeded, if you like)
- 1/2 cup *rice vinegar
- 1/2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tblsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- few drops of sesame oil
- Put all of the above (except the cucumber) in a medium glass jar, close it with a lid and shake.
- If you don't plan on eating the salad right away, you can put the dressing in the fridge for a while...it tastes better when it's been chilled for an hour or so.
- When you're ready to serve, put the cucumbers in dishes or small bowls, and pour the dressing over them.
- Fake crabmeat tastes good in this dressing, too.
- Serves 1 or 2
* You need rice vinegar -- it won't taste right with any other kind of vinegar. Also because I rarely use measuring cups, the proportions in the recipe may be a little off...you may have to taste the dressing eacho time you add something. The end result should taste sweet and somewhat vinegar-like, with a tint of sesame.
· More Salad Recipes