Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Rasta Pasta Salad
Recipe from Cynthia J. Gibas
- 1 lb 5-color rotini (or 3-color pasta if you can't find 5-color) cooked and cooled.
The rest of these ingredients can be added in any ratio--depends what you like best.
- 1 can hearts of palm, sliced and/or 1 can water packed artichoke hearts, quartered
- kalamata olives (or just plain old black olives) pitted and halved
- fresh mushrooms, cut into chunks
- red and yellow tomatoes, cut into chunks
- red, yellow, green, (purple, orange?) peppers cut into strips
- asparagus? you be the judge
- Chunks of mozzarella cheese are optional.
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing:
Balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a ratio you can live with, plus dry mustard, a little bit of honey, crushed rosemary leaves, and pressed garlic. Mix it all together and let it stand for a while so the flavors blend.
Put it on the salad and stir. No problem.
· More Salad Recipes