Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Shrimp And Papaya Spinach Salad
With Citrus-Poppyseed Vinaigrette
Recipe from Lydia Visco
Source: NorthwestSTYLE, Volume 2, No. 3, a coupon publication by Style Publications Bellevue, WA. The recipe is courtesy of The Kayak Grill and Executive Chef Garrett Cho.
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach - washed, drained, de-stemmed and cut into 1" x 2" [bite-size] pieces
- 1 papaya - skinned, seeded and diced into 1" X 2" [bite-size] pieces
- 1 cup mandarin oranges [canned] - drained
- 1/2 red onion - peeled and sliced into paper thin rings, soaked in iced water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds - toasted
- 1/2 lb Bay shrimp meat [very small shrimp]
- 1 cup red cabbage - cored, sliced paper thin and rinsed in water
- 2 tblsp carrots - peeled and finely diced 1/8"
- 2 tblsp red bell pepper - cored and finely diced 1/8"
Lime Poppyseed Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lime marmalade
- 2 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp sugar - granulated
- 3/4 tsp orange juice concentrate - undiluted
- 1 tblsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Combine and whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients except canola and olive oils.
- Slowly add and whisk in the oils until vinaigrette is well blended.
- Reserve chilled.
- Place spinach, papaya, mandarin oranges and red onion into a large salad bowl.
- Add half the vinaigrette and toss to evenly dress spinach greens.
- Top salad with shredded red cabbage, shrimp meat and diced carrots and red bell peppers.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over the shrimp and salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle top of salad with toasted almonds and serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Yield: Serves 2
· More Salad Recipes